Different Types of Mattresses (Ultimate Mattress Buying Guide)
With so many manufacturers claiming to have the "best" mattress, deciding where to begin your search for a new mattress can be difficult. Hence, we have put up an ultimate mattress buying guide to help you select the best suitable mattress for you.
In this article, we will walk you through all the different types of mattresses to consider when you plan to buy a new one. Besides, consider additional factors when changing your mattresses, such as the average life span, mattress sizes, and other mattress costs.
Understanding Different Types of Mattresses
The standard approach is to replace your bed mattress every 7-10 years. A mattress loses its shape because of regular use and no longer gives a surface for restful sleep. There is an unlimited amount of research on different mattress materials and what they are excellent for. However, we have simplified what you need to know about the most popular mattresses available, including memory foam, spring, latex, and hybrid.Foam / Memory Foam Mattresses
- Effective at reducing pain at pressure points
- Contours and adheres to your body
- Don't have movement absorbing surface.
- Some types might absorb body heat, making your sleep uncomfortable
- Thinner than standard spring mattresses
- Don't have hypoallergenic materials that may damage the environment and air quality in your bedroom
- Not necessarily suitable for stomach sleepers, as it can cause misalignment & back problems
- Responsive (helpful if you frequently change positions during the night)
- Strong edge support
- Cooling Sleep Technology (keeps you cool)
- Heavy/challenging to manage
- It will not conform your body or offer as much comfortable support in pain points
- Offers pressure relief as well as freedom of movement
- Long-lasting and durable (up to 15 years)
- Cooling sleep technology (keeps you cool)
- Very heavy/difficult to manage
- If not organic, it may include harmful chemicals
A hybrid mattress is made up of memory foam & springs. Hybrids provide an excellent blend of support & pressure reduction. With more motion-absorbing layers, it will improve motion transfer on a hybrid. Other materials & compositions may also be used (like latex & memory foam).
A hybrid mattress combines the bounce and cradled properties of springs with the contouring & cushioning properties of the foam. Traditional spring mattresses might be rigid and lack motion isolation. Hybrid mattresses can also be quite heavy, making transportation & handling difficult.
When Should you Replace your Bed Mattress?
There are a few prominent indicators to keep in check to know when is the right time to get a new matter, such as:
- Waking up with pain or numbness in your limbs
- Waking up sleepy or achy regularly
- Tossing and turning throughout the night
- Your mattress feeling a little saggy or lumpy
- Feeling like you're sinking too deeply into your mattress
- Sleeping better in hotel rooms or somewhere else other than your bed
- You can feel your sleeping partner making the slightest movement on the other side of the bed
What's the Average Lifespan of a Mattress?
Which mattress is right for me?
One best mattress cannot fit all. Everyone has their sleeping habits and preferences. Hence, the best mattress varies from person to person. Each individual requires different outcomes from their mattresses. The best mattress for yourself may not be the best for someone else. Yatas Bedding Pakistan offers SMARTMATCH System to get the right mattress for you.
How to choose the mattress sizes?
The best mattress size for you determines by two crucial factors: who will sleep on it and where you will place it.
Who is Sleeping on the Bed, and where will it be placed?
It may be related to the size of the individuals sleeping on it. It is also a matter of personal preference.
A queen-size bed mattress is the most popular for couples because it fits nicely in most bedrooms. A king mattress is ideal for restless sleepers who require enough space. But the king-size mattresses are more challenging to set up due to their size and weight.
Note: Mattresses differ in height; we only provide width and length as standard specifications.
Where Can I Buy the Best Bed Mattress?
Yatas bedding Pakistan is where you'll find the best bed mattress if you're looking for one. Visit our website to get the best bed mattress for you. However, mattresses have evolved dramatically in the previous five years. You may need a bed base or headboard to support your new mattress. Knowing that these components need to consider in your budget helps you plan for this new investment in your sleep. Visit our website to learn more.